...with selected Event Thumbnails
*scroll down for event thumbnails*
TBLI CONFERENCE™ EUROPE 2013, Zurich, Switzerland, 14-15 November http://www.tbliconference.com/
TBLI CONFERENCE™ USA in New York, USA, 17-18 June 2013 http://www.tbliconference.com/
ANDE Metrics Conference: From the Ground Up, The Aspen Institute, One Dupont Circle Washington, District of Columbia 20036, United States, June 12-13, 2013 http://ande.site-ym.com/events/event_details.asp?id=277462
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment at Finance for a Sustainable Future May 20-22 at the Westin River North in Chicago. Our 3rd Annual Conference https://ussif.org/events/public_event_display.cfm?Event_ID=191
Corporate Climate Change Adaption Strategies - Building Resilience and Minimizing Risk, Balalaika Hotel, Sandton, Johannesburg - 25th - 27th March 2013 Day 3: Case Study Stream - "Climate Change Adaptation and Shareholder Value" http://bit.ly/144a0dH
Second African International Economic Law Network conference hosted by The African International Economic Law Network and the Mandela Institute at the School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand, 7-8 March 2013.
ERM: Sustainability & capital planning, Summer Place Hotel in Sandton, South Africa, 6 March 2013.
Private Equity in Southern Africa presented by SAVCA, Financial Times Live and EMPEA, Hilton Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa, Thursday, 14 February 2013 http://bit.ly/UR1e0W
Mining Indaba, Cape Town, South Africa, 3 - 7 February 2013 www.miningindaba.com
India SIF launch, Mumbai, India, 29 January 2013
MSCI Webinar: 2013 ESG Trends to Watch, LiveMeeting, 23 January 2013 4PM CET
South Africa National Treasury and The Financial Services Board hosting a workshop on "Sustainable Returns for Pensions and Society", JSE Sandton RSA, 23 January 2013 9AM - 3PM http://ebnet.co.za/a/show-event/47
WEF Davos, Switzerland 23 - 27 January 2013 http://bit.ly/Qw2kaI
Josh Humphreys of Tellus Institute on the recently released US SIF Foundation 2012 SRI Trends Report, Federal Street Advisors, 50 Federal Street Boston MA 02110 USA, Tuesday, January 15, 2012 12-1:30pm
2012 EVENTS CALENDAR LISTING
Events where AfricaSIF.org Project Team members will be in 2012 are listed below. Please email EVENTS suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All events are subject to change by organizers.
- Responsible Investor’s 4th Annual ESG USA conference, Bloomberg MPR Auditorium, New York. Tuesday 11th December 2012 http://www.responsible-investor.com/events/events_page/esg_usa_2012/
- The 3rd Annual SuperReturn Africa 2012, Mazagan Beach Resort - Casablanca, Morocco, 3 - 5 December 2012 http://www.informaglobalevents.com/event/superreturn-africa-event
- IIR's Sustainable investing Conference: Sustainable Investing, Reporting and Governance, Hyatt Regency, Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa, 26 - 28 November 2012 www.iir.co.za/responsibleinvest
- Report Launch: Carbon & Water Risks to Securities Markets, JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) Atrium Hall One Exchange Square Gwen Lane Sandown 2196 South Africa, Tuesday, 20 November 2012: 09h30 for 10h00 - 12h00 http://web.wwfmail.org.za/wwf/Portal/images/carbonwaterriskwebv2.htm
- MSCI / GTQ The 2012 Conference - Investing in Responsibility - 15 November 2012, London http://www.eurocharity.eu/en/story/8346
- Swaziland Retirement Funds Investment Forum, Manzini, Swaziland, 13 - 14 November 2012 Old Mbabane/Manzini Main Road, Ezulwini Valley Mbabane, Swaziland; Day 2 11:30 - 12:15 Understanding Responsible Investing (What is ESG)
- Graham Sinclair, President - AfricaSIF.org and Principal - SinCo
- Third g|south africa event by The Google South Africa, Cape Town, South Africa, 12 - 13 November 2012, https://sites.google.com/site/gsouthafrica2012/home
- TBLI conference™ Europe 2012, Zurich, Switzerland, 8 - 9 November 2012 http://www.tbliconference.com/
- Sustain Our Africa Summit and The Festival for Change, Cape Town, South Africa, 24 - 28 October 2012 sustainourafrica.org
- 2nd Trading Africa conference, Cape Town, S.Africa, 15-16 October 2012 http://www.thomsonreuterstradingafrica.com
- The 5th National Ethical Investment Week (NEIW12), London UK, 14 – 20 October 2012 www.neiw.org
- Info Session - Career Services @ Graduate School of Business with Fiona Erispe and Morea Josias, Executive Room, University of Cape Town GSB, 13 October 2012 - 10.00 to 11.00AM www.gsb.uct.ac.za
- PRI South Africa Roundtable at Futuregrowth, Westerford, Cape Town, South Africa, 11 October 2012: 7:30am – 11:00am
- What are the drivers for greater ESG disclosure and performance in emerging markets? Kindly hosted by Brewin Dolphin Investment, Management, 12 Smithfield Street London EC1A 9BD, Wednesday 10 October 2012 4 - 7 pm UK = 5 - 8PM SAST
- The Strategic Trustee Conference: ESG Panel 2: 12:05 – 12:45 – Getting down to the business of ESG integration – practical considerations for asset owners, hosted by JSE / Principal Officers Association, Sandton, S.Africa, 4 October 2012 www.jse.co.za
- Africa Pension Fund Investment Forum 2012, Landmark London Hotel, United Kingdom, 6 - 7 Sep 2012 www.africapensionfund.com
- 3rd Annual Africa Cup of Investment Management - "Investing in a Good Society" panel 10:55 for 45 minutes with Sunette Mulder ASISA, Adrian Bertrand GEPF, Jon Duncan OMIGSA - Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa, 6 -7 Sep 2012 http://www.imn.org/Conference/African-Cup-of-Investment-Management/Home.html
- 2nd Annual AfricaSIF.org ESG Masterclass, University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, South Africa, 5 Sep 2012 8AM-5PM http://www.africasif.org/2012africasif-esg-masterclass.php
- AfricaSIF.org Spring Networking Event, University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, South Africa, 5 Sep 2012 6PM - 8PM http://www.africasif.org/networking-events-2012.php
- 1st Annual UCT GSB Consulting Conference, Waterfront Clock Tower Pavillion, Cape Town, South Africa, 4 September 2012: 1:30pm – 3:30pm http://www.uctgsbconsultingconference.com/
- RIAA’s 8th Responsible Investment Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 30 - 31 August 2012 http://www.responsibleinvestment.org/events/industry-events/
- Sparinvest Global Value Investing Conference, Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa, 30 Aug 2012 9AM - 1PM www.sparinvest.co.za
- JSE SRI Index Day, JSE, Sandton, South Africa, 23 Aug 2012
- MN Capital presents 2nd Annual Africa ESG Forum in JSE, Sandton South Africa on 22 Aug 2012 http://www.esgafrica.com/
- PRI South Africa Network event, JSE in Sandton, South Africa, 21 August 2012
- RisCura + PRI South Africa Network event, Sandton, South Africa, 21 August 2012
- Financial and policy innovations: Stimulating private sector engagement in impact investing with Elizabeth Littlefield, CEO of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), JSE Auditorium www.jse.co.za, Sandton, Monday, 6th August 2012 11h30 for 12h00 > SEE EVENT PAGE
- Sanlam BENCHMARK Symposium, CTICC The Cape Town, S.Africa Tues 31 Jul 2012 http://www.sanlambenchmark.co.za/
- GSB Research Seminar Topic: What is the State of Sustainable Investment in Africa? with Graham Sinclair, Boardroom 1 UCT Graduate School of Business, Portswood Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa, Wednesday 25 July 2012 1 - 2PM SAST www.gsb.uct.ac.za
- Mega Infra-Structure Development: How do we prevent corruption? ISS Cape Town 2nd Floor, The Armoury Buchanan Square, 160 Sir Lowry Road Woodstock South Africa, 24 Jul 2012 9-12PM www.goedgedachtforum.co.za
- Nexii Webinar Series 2012: Progress out of Poverty Index (PPI), Monday, July 23, 2012 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CEST
- Breakfast briefing: Discover how natural capital impacts your bottom line with global advisory firm, Trucost. UCT Graduate School of Business, Boardroom 1, Friday 20 July 2012 email@example.com
- MSCI ESG Portfolio Analytics: Measuring and Benchmarking ESG Risks, LiveMeeting, Jul 19, 2012 |
- The Africa CEO Roundtable & Conference On Corporate Social Responsibility (AR-CSR™), June 28-29, 2012
- PRI in Person 2012, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 28-29 June 2012 http://www.unpri.org/news/
- Invest Nigeria 2012 Dubai, UAE, June 25-26, 2012 www.iirme.com/nigeria
- Rio +20: United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 20 - 22 June 2012 http://www.uncsd2012.org/rio20/index.html
- POA Winter conference, South Africa, 11 - 12 June 2012 http://www.poa.org.za/calendar.php?action=showevent&id=135
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance "Food for Thought" Seminar, Table Bay Hotel, Cape Town, 31 May 2012 11AM - 3PM http://www.amiando.com/SAFFT.html
- 4th Wind Power Africa Conference and Renewable Energy Exhibition, Cape Town May 28-30, 2012 www.afriwea.org/events/4th-wind-power-africa
- IFC's 14th Annual Global Private Equity Conference held in association with EMPEA, The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C. USA, 14-16 May 2012 http://www.globalpeconference.com/
- Sustainable Investing in Action, USSIF Annual Conference, Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill, Washington DC, USA, 2-4 May 2012 https://ussif.org/events/public_event_display.cfm?Event_ID=181
- South African network for Impact Investment Conference 2012: Investing for Inclusive Growth, 7 - 8 May 2012 http://www.saiin.co.za/conference-2012/programme/
- AfricaSIF.org Autumn Networking Event, May 2012
- MIT Sloan Africa Business Innovate Conference, Boston USA 14 April 2012 http://sloanafrica.scripts.mit.edu/africainnovate/
- African Social Entrepreneurs Network event: CSI and Social Entrepreneurship: Groundbreaking Trends, Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the UCT Graduate School of Business, Cape Town, South Africa, 11 April 2012 http://www.asenetwork.org
- South Africa Investment Forum, Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa 29-30 March 2012 http://www.opalgroup.net/conferencehtml/current/south_african_investment_forum/south_african_investment_forum.php
- Global SIF CEO Annual Meeting 29 - 30 Mar, London UK - by invitation only
- Global CEO Symposium Panel at 2012 Spring Symposium: 15:00 - 17:00 Meet the Global Sustainable and Responsible Investment Organizations
Location: Aviva Investors, No. 1 Poultry, EC2R 8EJ London UK, 28 March 2012 http://www.ussif.org/projects/iwg/events.cfm
- International Working Group 2012 Spring Symposium - Joint USSIF IWG, Eurosif and UKSIF Event in London UK, 27 - 28 March 2012 https://ussif.org/events/public_event_display.cfm?Event_ID=183
- Africa Investment Summit, London, London, UK, 19 - 21 March 2012 http://www.terrapinn.com/2012/africa-investment-summit/
- Invitation-only IFC Sustainability Days: Sustainability Day and 2012 FT / IFC Sustainable Finance Awards Promotional Dinner, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa, 8 Mar 2012 Workshop 1PM Dinner 7PM
- Fund and Asset Consulting Forum 2012, Destiny Exclusive Hotel, Johannesburg South Africa, 7 - 8 March 2012 http://www.assetconsultingforum.com
- ASEN (African Social Entrepreneurs’ Network) Western Cape face2face event at UCT GSB Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Lecture Theatre 6, The Breakwater Campus, 29 February 2012, 15h30 -17h30
- FT Business South African Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SAVCA) and Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) Private Equity in Southern Africa 2012 conference, Hilton Sandton, South Africa, 1 Feb 2012 http://www.ftbusiness.com/southafrica2012/overview.asp
2012 Events Thumbnails
Growing impact investing in Africa - a dialogue session with Elizabeth Littlefield CEO of Overseas Private Investment Corporation @OPICgov 11.30-2.30Pm 6 Aug hosted at JSE, Sandton, S.Africa #opicimpinv
An important investor event presented at short notice by Nexii, AfricaSIF.org, USAID and UCT GSB Bertha Centre @ JSE. The conversation combines new capital investment in Africa, impact investing as a theme, and the powerful role of a female-led development financing institution. OPIC (opic.gov) has made debt financing instruments available in Africa. Pension funds have been invited to co-invest for maximum social and environmental positive impact.
“Business can shoulder more responsibility for creating stability and opportunities in the world while at the same time taking advantage of high-growth markets and turning a profit. It’s not a zero-sum game but a double win. It is the government’s job to enable the private sector to achieve this end” - Elizabeth Littlefield, Forbes Magazine, October 2011
2012 Africa CEO Round-table & Conference on Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility (AR-CSR™)
ThistlePraxis Consulting Limited, an Assessments and Strategy Firm, in strategic partnership with Friends of the Global Fund, Africa (Friends Africa) and CAPPS Consult; presented the 2012 edition of the Africa CEO Roundtable & Conference on CSR (AR-CSR™), a continent-wide CEO Round-table and Conference on & Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility in Africa. This event held on June 28-29, 2012 at the Tinapa Business Resort, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria with the theme, ‘Sustainable Development: Expanding Economic Opportunities through Public-Private Synergy’. http://www.ar-csr.com/Agenda
Sustainable Investing Panel at Inaugural South Africa Investment Forum by Opal Financial Group, Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, 29 – 30 March 2012 http://www.opalgroup.net/conferencehtml/current/south_african_investment_forum.php
Moderator: Wanjiru Kirima, Chairperson, SUSTAINABLE RETURNS FOR PENSIONS AND SOCIETY (SRPS) COMMITTEE
2011 EVENTS CALENDAR LISTING
Please email EVENTS suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acknowledgement: this events list is maintained for AfricaSIF.org by SinCo, see more at sincosinco.com/conferences
- Carbon Action: the risks and opportunities of carbon mitigation for investors, Australasian and European webinar, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:30 pm http://bit.ly/uwes71
- ESG USA 2011 Panel 4: Engagement in the USA "Are shareholder rights an oxymoron and is engagement the answer?" chaired by Graham Sinclair, New York City USA, 13 Dec 2011; 12h15-13h00 www.responsible-investor.com/events/events_page/esg_usa_2011/
- The Sustainable Finance Summit 2011, London UK, Tue 6 - Wed 7 December 2011 http://events.ethicalcorp.com/finance/index.shtml
- CPSL Fresh Thinking Lounge (FTL) at "THE OASIS" COP17 SIde Event, Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership, 44 K.E. Masinga Rd (44 Old Fort Road) Durban, South Africa, Fri 8 Dec 2011 http://www.cpsl.cam.ac.uk/Network/CPSL-at-COP17.aspx
SARI (South African Renewables Initiative) MOU signing, 7 December, 6.30PM (TBC) http://blog.sari.org.za/
- NBI Responsible Investment COP17 Roundtable sponsored by Sanlam: What are the implications for not complying with responsible investment principles? with WWF South Africa @ Docklands Hotel, Durban, South Africa, Wed, 7 December 2011; 9AM- 2PM http://www.wwf.org.za/what_we_do/sustainable_business/cop17susbus/#events
- B4E Business for the Environment COP 17 Dialogue 2011 – POWERING AHEAD FOR A CLEAN INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION in partnership with WWF, UNDP, WBCSD, CNN and leading global companies, 6 December 2011 @ Durban Botanical Gardens, South Africa http://www.b4esummit.com/upcoming/durban2011/
- 2011 JSE SRI Index Results Announcement Keynote Address, Belvedere Room, Durban Country Club, Durban, KZN South Africa, Tuesday, 6 December 2011; 9AM - 12PM http://www.jse.co.za/About-Us/SRI/SRIIndexAnnualReview.aspx
- PRI local network meeting @ Durban Country Club, South Africa, 6 December 2011; 3.30PM – 10PM www.unpri.org/events
- JSE SRI Index/EIRIS.org dinner, Durban Country Club, South Africa 7PM
- Climate Finance & Low Income Housing - Development Bank of Southern Africa COP 17 Side Event on Sustainable Settlements Facility #DBSA_SSF, with SouthSouthNorth.org, at Umfolozi at the CCR Expo Networking Marquee (89-101 Braam Fisher Road, Durban), Durban, South Africa, 5 December 2011; 10AM - 1PM www.dbsa.org
- WBCSD/NBI/ICC Global Business Day: Keep Moving - Climate, business and growth for all, 5 December 2011; 07.00 – 19.00
- Development Finance Institutions Partners for Climate Finance, at Durban International Convention Centre 4 DEC 2011 [11:AM — 2PM]
- World Climate Summit 2011 - Southern Sun Elangeni Hotel, 3 - 4 December 2011, Durban, South Africa - during UN FCCC COP17 www.wclimate.com/
- United Nations Climate Change Conference UN FCCC COP 17 & CMP 7, Durban, South Africa, Mon 28 Nov - Fri 09 Dec 2011 http://unfccc.int/2860.php http://www.cop17-cmp7durban.com/index.html
- The 2nd Annual SuperReturn Africa 2011, InterContinental Nairobi, Kenya, 28 - 30 November 2011 http://www.informaglobalevents.com/event/superreturn-africa-event
- Measuring Socio-Economic Impact and the Launch of GIIRS in Africa, Grand Parade
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa Thursday, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, 18 November 2011 http://www.aspeninstitute.org/policy-work/aspen-network-development-entrepreneurs/chapters/south-africa
- Investment Analysts Society of Southern Africa (IASSA) and CFA Society of Southern Africa Present: "The US$125 billion Question: Sustainable Investment and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan Africa" by Graham Sinclair/SinCo hosted at Johannesburg Securities Exchange, Sandton, South Africa Thursday 17 Nov 2011 5:15PM - 7:00PM http://www.iassa.co.za/calendar/
- BSEI2011 The Business of Social and Environmental Innovation @ UCT Graduate School of Business, Cape Town, South Africa, Mon 14 - Wed 16 November 2011 http://gsbblogs.uct.ac.za/gsbconference/?p=1
- Sparinvest Cape Town PRI conference, Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, 9h30 to 12h00 Mon 14 November 2011
South Africa/with CFA Institute and Mauritius and Kenya societies:
Traveling Conference: 2011 Investment Opportunities and Risks in
Africa; Cullinan Hotel, Waterfront, Cape Town, 26th October 2011 http://www.cfa.ac.za
- Annual Corporate Partnership Award, NYSE - Turkcell Gala Dinner, 7:00 PM, 20 October 2011, The Plaza Hotel, New York City http://www.americanturkishsociety.org/upcomingevents.aspx
- FT EMPEA Private Equity in Africa 2011 Leadership Summit, Sheraton Park Lane, London W1, UK, 19 Wed October 2011 http://www.ftbusiness.com/africa2011/overview.asp
- Financial Times Business / Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) Capital Impact 2011, Sheraton Park Lane, London W1, UK, Mon 17 - Tue 18 October 2011 http://www.ftbusiness.com/capitalimpact2011/overview.asp
2011 Event Thumbnails
Integrating ESG into the Investment Process - Opportunities for South Africa, 27 Oct 2011
TOPIC: Integrating ESG into the Investment Process - Opportunities for South Africa. 4 international and local sustainable investment experts explain the opportunities in the southern African sub-continent together with MSCI.
The world of investment is changing: asset owners and managers are becoming increasingly aware of the potential risk and value impact of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors, and their potential effect on an investment profile. But what's really involved in incorporating ESG factors into investment decisions? Can they make a material difference to investment performance? And just how do investors go about holding their investment managers to account for integrating ESG strategies into the investment decision process? AfricaSIF.org and MSCI cordially invites you to a webinar where our experts will address these questions and discuss how ESG factors can potentially add value or mitigate risk across an institutional investment portfolio.
SPEAKERS: 4 investors offer local/international alternative viewpoints on the subject.
DATE: Wednesday, 26 October 2011
TIME: 3PM - 4PM SAST = 9:00AM EDT (New York) = 2:00PM BST (London) = 3:00PM CEST (Paris) = 5:00PM GST (Dubai)
AUDIENCE: Open invitation to investors, stakeholders and all AfricaSIF members
RSVP: Pre-registration required; AfricaSIF members preferred access. First-come, first-served basis. Open to public, right of admission reserved. RSVP required online >CLICK http://www.msci.com/resources/event/webinar/integrating_esg_into_the_investment_process_-_opportunities_for_south_africa.html
TWITTER: @africasif #ESG #southafrica
MSCI ESG SA Webinar Invite.pdf
Size : 220.987 Kb
Type : pdf
AfricaSIF.org is hosting this sustainable investment industry educational event to showcase new trends in sustainable and responsible investment across equity, fixed income and alternative asset classes, including private equity and best practices in Africa. AfricaSIF members are invited to recommend subjects and locations for future Forum. Co-presented and co-hosted by GIBS.
>CLICK here for more details and RSVP
Ai CEO Institutional Investment Summit 2011, New York Stock Exchange, New York, USA, 26 September 2011
- AfricaSIF joins as Supporting Partner with Africa Investor to promote investment in Africa.
- The Ai CEO Institutional Investment Summit 2011 on 26 September 2011 will allow investment professionals, capital markets experts and corporate leaders to engage each other on a subject that is going to determine the growth in regional equity capital markets.
- Annual Ai Index Series Summit to profile leading African listed companies and heads of African stock exchanges to global investors through high-level panel discussions and interactive one-on-one investor-issuer meetings.
- AfricaSIF.org-produced panel at this leading investment conference on "Global Sustainable Investment"
- 4:40pm Thursday 1 September 2011
- AfricaSIFers at event promoting African sustainable investment
- Cape Town, South Africa
AfricaSIF.org Winter NETWORKING Event 2011
>CLICK AfricaSIF NETWORKING Events for details/RSVP
AfricaSIF.org will be promoting its mission of sustainable investment in Africa at the 2011 Integrating ESG Investment Strategy in Portfolio Management
Forum – An Africa Perspective hosted at the JSE in South Africa. The Forum is a tailored interactive forum designed
to bring together the experiences (success, failures and challenges) of
asset owner and investment managers with mandate in Africa to explore in
detail the practical issues associated with implementing ESG
Integration in mainstream asset classes, investor types and regions.
Themed - Green Growth Paradigm for Africa - Investment Strategies for
Sustainable Value Creation; the forum seeks to reaffirm that adopting
best practices in responsible investment can deliver strong capital
growth and sustained value creation.
Africa Investment Summit - Responsible Investing Panel, 21 September 2011
AfricaSIF has been invited to join GEPF and Cadiz Asset Management to comment at the Africa Investment Summit on 21 June 2011 at the Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton, South Africa
14.15 Panel session: Principles of responsible investing
* Understanding the trustee issues associated with social investment
* Addressing the under provision of funds by providing extra measure of comfort
* Recognising sound investments and building this sector
* Exploring the effects of partnering with governments
Principal Officers Association Winter Conference 2011
AfricaSIF banners proudly stood alongside the seminal session at the POA Winter Conference June 2011. The Principal Officers Association is a non-profit organisation that
looks after the interests of Principal Officers and trustees in the
retirement industry. It is managed by a Board of Directors, all of whom
are Principal Officers themselves. Wanjiru Kirima, POA Chair, is a member of the AfricaSIF Project Team 2011.
Roundtable discussion on Trends in Sustainable Investing hosted by the US Sustainable Investment Forum and Bloomberg.
Events where AfricaSIF.org Project Team members will be in 2010 are listed below. Please email EVENTS suggestions to email@example.com.
- Infrastructure Investment World Africa, Johannesburg, S.Africa, Aug 16, 2010. http://www.terrapinn.com/2010/iiza/
- * The Inaugural African Cup of Investment Management, Cape Town, S.Africa, Sept 9, 2010. http://secure.imn.org/web_confe/index.cfm?sc=20100909_IM_0090
- * Fourth annual CFA South Africa Investment Conference, Bryanston, S.Africa, Sep. 2010. http://www.cfaconference.co.za/
- * Co-Generation World Africa, Sandton, S.Africa, 13-15 Sept 2010 http://www.terrapinn.com/2010/cogenza/
- * Islamic Investment World Africa 2009, 4 -7 Oct, 2010. http://www.terrapinn.com/2010/islamicza/
- * 2010 International Conference on Leadership and Business Management for Sustainable Development Conference, Unisa Graduate School of Business Leadership, Midrand, S.Africa, 6-8 October 2010. http://www.sblresearch.co.za/
- * Private Equity World Africa 2010, Johannesburg, S.Africa, Oct 18, 2010. http://www.terrapinn.com/2010/peza/
- * Africa investor Investment Climate Summit, Washington DC, 8 Oct 2010. http://www.africa-investor.com/event.asp?id=218
- * 10th annual Hedge Funds World Africa, 1 Nov 2010 http://www.terrapinn.com/2010/hfwza/
- * Water Investment World Africa, Johannesburg, S.Africa, Nov 8, 2010. http://www.terrapinn.com/2009/waterza/
- * SRI in the Rockies, San Antonio, TX, USA, 18 - 21 Nov 2010. http://sriintherockies.com/
- * Responsible Investor ESG Integration Institutional Investor, London, UK, Nov, 2010.
- * The Gulf-Africa Investment Forum 2010 − Fostering Economic Relations, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 4 - 5 Dec 2010. http://www.grcevent.net/gulfafrica2010/index.php
- * Inaugural ESG Africa conference co-hosted by AfricaSIF, Responsible Investor and partners, early Dec, 2010.
2011 Event Thumbnails
South African Network for Impact Investing (SAII) Development and Conference “Collaborative capital investment for innovative social change”
Collaboration in Reality
AfricaSIF Launch Events ROADSHOW 2010-2011
Africa Sustainable Investment Forum [AfricaSIF] is engaging with stakeholders as it builds a community of African investors seeking to positively impact Africa's sustainable development through their making investment decisions integrating environmental, social and governance [ESG] factors. We have launch events planned to bring together potential members to network and share knowledge and ways to advocate to promote sustainable development in Africa in 2010. This will lead up to the first-ever dedicated conference to sustainable African investment - AfricaSIF - with local and international partners in 2012.
Launch Event 2: Cape Town, South Africa
Date: Thursday 26 August 2010
Time: 5 for 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Association for Savings and Investment South Africa [ASISA; asisa.org.za], Boundary Terraces, 1 Mariendahl Lane, Newlands 7700, Cape Town
Logistics: Metrorail to Newlands Station on Muizenburg line. Car parking available.
Dress: Business Smart
RSVP Required: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Online
Limit 50 pax.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Upcoming launch events are scheduled soon in Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo/Tunis, Geneva, London, Paris, New York and Boston.
We have 2 lucky-draw tickets worth R14,000 each to give away to the IMN Inaugural African Cup of Investment Management, September 9 - 10 2010 in Cape Town!
Location generously provided by ASISA which encourages platforms fostering thought leadership and debate on sustainable investment in Africa in partnership with the ASISA Responsible Investment sub-committee.
Event sponsored by: ASISA, RMB Asset Management, Futuregrowth and SinCo.
Strategic African Media Partner: Africa Investor africa-investor.com
Strategic ESG Media Partner: Responsible Investor responsible-investor.com
Hosted by AfricaSIF Project Steering Committee 2010
Size : 0.374 Kb
Type : pdf
Size : 0.031 Kb
Type : pdf